Associate Director, Digital Analytics
- Los Angeles, CA
Position at MediaCom
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Associate Director is responsible for research, analysis, and insights generation while managing and growing the group. This position advances the understanding of digital and direct marketing dynamics through developing critical business insights across our clients to increase their effectiveness and ROI across media investments.
- Lead the delivery of digital analytics projects and present insightful results that inform strategy
- Create and guide measurement strategies, learning agendas and roadmaps with input from management and internal stakeholders
- Showcase subject matter expertise in performance marketing, attribution & social; integrates analysis with planning needs
- Develop a strong partnership with the client to manage day to day account needs; identifies opportunities to further scope and advance analytics
- Provide thought leadership and tool development to elevate digital and direct media planning capabilities
- Desire to represent and support Business Science in new business efforts
- Presents in an articulate and easy-to-understand fashion results that are focused on actionable outcomes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Helps manage client; manages and mentors direct reports
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels and managing workflow
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Exercise diplomacy as applicable
- Ability to navigate difficult/challenging conversations with win/win outcomes
- Compiles insights/best practices to push overall Business Science thinking
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of client marketplace, competitive landscape and business drivers
- Proactively engages with client team to shape media and measurement approaches to improve strategy
- Exhibits strong analytical, project management, storytelling and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the digital space and digital analytics including vendors and tagging, testing methodologies and approaches
- Able to clearly distill complex research concepts/techniques into simple, relevant meaning for planners and clients
- Strong familiarity with statistical concepts, syndicated research and attribution methods / log level analysis
- Thorough knowledge of online research sources and brand measurement/survey techniques
- Working knowledge of ad-serving platforms for targeting, behavioral and contextual targeting, re-targeting, response optimization, keyword and natural search optimization, etc.
- Capable presenting results to leadership and clients in a compelling and concise manner
- Visual techniques for data analysis and presentation and skilled business writer
- Passion for data driven decision making and continued learning experiences
- Ability and desire to produce POVs to justify decisions and/or educate
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Independently responsible
- Comfortable working in a fast paced team environment under high pressure
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with ad-serving platforms and web analytics tools
- Experience working with SAS/SQL/Access preferred
- Experience leading and managing a team
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .
Meet Some of MediaCom's Employees
Zach S.Partner Strategy Director
Zach writes business pitches, researches new clients, and meets with different teams across MediaCom to help bring their plans to life.
Back to top