Vice President, FP&A
Medallia is the Customer Experience Management category creator and global leader. With a mission to create a world where companies are loved by their customers and employees, Medallia provides an Enterprise SaaS platform that puts the customer in the center of every decision – at scale and real-time.
Ranked in the top 25 of the First-Ever Forbes 2016 World's Best 100 Cloud Companies List, Medallia solves one of the most fundamental challenges to businesses today. At a time where all companies strive to be "customer centric," the customer's experience truly has become a company’s brand (fact: consumers buy more based on ratings and reviews than on branding or advertising). Currently over 500 companies trust Medallia and its proprietary software platform, which enables even the largest, most distributed companies to understand, fix, and improve the customer experience by harnessing and assessing vast amounts of cross-sector data to provide both predictive and prescriptive, role-specific analytics, in real-time.
Already one of today's leading enterprise SaaS companies, as highlighted by Forrester, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, J.D. Power, and Deloitte, Medallia has many of the most renowned Global 2000 companies as customers, which span the most important sectors in business. Founder-led, well capitalized, and with a diverse and experienced leadership team, Medallia is rapidly growing and achieved aggressive revenue growth annually. Backed by Sequoia Capital as the largest investment in their portfolio, Medallia is growing rapidly and well-positioned to move to the public markets.
Medallia's Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis is accountable for architecting, scaling, and leading the FP&A organization for one of the fastest growing enterprise cloud companies in the world.
An inspirational and visionary leader, you will be a key member of Medallia's Financial Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, with oversight into the strategic direction and fiduciary playbook. Responsible for shepherding the financial planning and analysis of the company, the ideal candidate will harness past experience as an operator, advisor, and executive to scale the financial systems, process, analytics, and roadmap as a leader with unwavering integrity. In this capacity, you will grow, mature, and transform the FP&A ecosystem across an international theatre, driving outcomes while balancing efficiency, predictability, and maximum benefit for our customers, partners, and employees.
- Working in partnership with the CFO, Financial Leadership Team, and key stakeholders, shepherd and advise Medallia’s C-suite, including Co-Founders
- Develop, forecast and monitor progress towards the key P&L metrics (i.e. revenue, margins, costs, free cash flow and other relevant B/S metrics)
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to the Board of Directors, Executive Leaders, and key stakeholders and partners
- Drive continuous improvement of the FP&A organization to allow for strategic business insight, faster response and a deeper level of data-driven analytics
- Lead and manage a global team of highly talented and motivated financial experts and be responsible for team’s professional development, recruitment and retention, training, evaluation, mentoring and coaching in line with the growth culture at Medallia
- Continue to enhance and build out new and scalable processes and solutions to meet the growing and changing needs of the business as well as building towards a public- ready company
- Identify processes that meet operational needs including communication, process improvement, and clear identification of data points necessary for fiscal management.
- 5+ years of experience leading the FP&A function within a publicly traded company
- 5+ years of team management experience
- 10+ years of financial leadership experience, in reputed public company environment
- Strong analytical and financial modeling abilities and ability to effectively communicate complex findings, both orally and in written/presentation form
- Proven financial executive with a track record of engaging & developing a global team and creating an organization known for excellence and strong team culture
- Proven ability to build and foster relationships with senior executives, department heads, and key influencers as a trusted and objective advisor
- Proven ability to attract, recruit, motivate and retain high performing, high potential talent. Evidence of creating a strong financial organization with clear accountabilities and a team orientation.
- Previous experience operating within an international footprint, at a global scale
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- Past experience leading a private company through IPO readiness
- Past experience operating within an enterprise-level, SaaS/cloud environment
- A functionally relevant, advanced degree, such as MBA, CPA, or CA
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top