Text Analytics, Sr. Analyst
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day. Why?
Oh, and our culture? See for yourself:
The Text Analytics team implements and manages the Medallia text analytics and social platform for leading global companies across retail, financial services, hospitality, high-tech and other industries. As a member of the team, you work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission critical task — helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers. You work with cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems. You consult with clients to address and answer specific business questions they may have, as well as proactively analyze and study their data to provide valuable insights and findings that may not currently be known or evident to the client. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and work with great colleagues. You position yourself for many career options, not only in Client Services and Solutions but also in Marketing, Product, and Sales. And, mainly, you get to build: build improvement for our customers, build a great company, and build a new industry.
As a Senior Analyst on the Text Analytics team, you will work closely with Analysts and Managers to successfully deliver text analytics projects for key accounts.
- Lead text analytics implementations and program enhancements for English and Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish or German or language projects
- Provide support to senior team members on top tier accounts
- Routinely engage with client core teams and business stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and allot time for project team members
- Develop text analytics expertise and act as primary knowledge-base for project team members
- Identify and map business processes to text categorization rules in English and other languages
- Create and implement analytics reports using the Medallia software
- Develop a thorough understanding of product features and setup configurations that are relevant to each client program and industry
- Assist in the development of best practices and tool kits
- Provide constructive product feedback to Medallia Product Management
- Engage in new product launches and cross-functional initiatives with Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Native speaker of Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish or German
- Native or Near-native fluency in English
- Knowledge of the inner workings grammar and lexicons for English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish or German
- Ability to understand and effectively explain software functionalities to technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for linguistics and language
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for constant improvement
- Ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a tight knit team
- 1-2 years experience in a client-facing role
- Minimum: University degree
- Background in linguistics or a language-related field
- Prior project management experience
- 2+ years working on medium to large data analytics projects
- Strong working knowledge of text mining, information retrieval, machine learning, or natural language processing
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top