Technical Product Expert, Engineering Support
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, Washington D.C., New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv, here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Product Expert, you will become the know-it-all expert for Medallia product. The buck stops at you for technical product questions. Your focus will be on supporting our software users on their quest for product knowledge and issue resolution. Integrated with the Engineering teams, you will advocate for customer needs and ensure smooth product updates. Leveraging your deep product expertise and advanced troubleshooting skills, you will coach and mentor technical support advocates (Tier-2 / Tier-1) on the team. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams to relentlessly drive the enhancement of our world-class, customer experience management platform.
- Provide advanced technical post-sales support and guidance.
- Answer how-to and set up related questions escalated from Tier-2 support team
- Track bugs and escalate to Engineering for resolution
- For bug fixes and product changes, assist Product Managers on specifications, prioritization, user testing and early adopter programs
- Identify product enhancement opportunities based on support trends.
- Analyze reported issues, production outages, production logs, and customer feedback to identify ways to enhance our product as well as make support processes more effective
- Meet and communicate regularly with the Engineering teams, updating them on product needs from customer perspective, and align your understanding about the product vision
- Be the liaison for regular communication between various engineering teams and customer facing teams on issues and product changes.
- Ensure troubleshooting guides, best practices and support knowledgeable are up to date.
- Work very closely with, mentor, and train Tier-2 / Tier-1 support team members.
- Experience configuring, supporting or developing software applications.
- Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- Comfortable using application logs and other tool to investigate issues.
- Basic UNIX commands.
- Scripting .
- Thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Bias for action.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
Nice to have:
- Prior engineering support or Tier-3 technical support experience.
- Experience with Social Media data sources (TripAdvisor, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Experience with APIs.
- Experience with Medallia application.
- Experience with agile development processes
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Back to top