Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As a Product Expert, you will become the know-it-all expert for Medallia product. The buck stops at you for technical product questions. Your focus will be on supporting our software users on their quest for product knowledge and issue resolution. Integrated with the Engineering teams, you will advocate for customer needs and ensure smooth product updates. Leveraging your deep product expertise and advanced troubleshooting skills, you will coach and mentor technical support advocates (Tier-2 / Tier-1) on the team. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams to relentlessly drive the enhancement of our world-class, customer experience management platform.
- Provide advanced technical post-sales support and guidance.
- Answer how-to and set up related questions escalated from Tier-2 support team
- Track bugs and escalate to Engineering for resolution
- For bug fixes and product changes, assist Product Managers on specifications, prioritization, user testing and early adopter programs
- Identify product enhancement opportunities based on support trends.
- Analyze reported issues, production outages, production logs, and customer feedback to identify ways to enhance our product as well as make support processes more effective
- Meet and communicate regularly with the Engineering teams, updating them on product needs from customer perspective, and align your understanding about the product vision
- Be the liaison for regular communication between various engineering teams and customer facing teams on issues and product changes.
- Ensure troubleshooting guides, best practices and support knowledgeable are up to date.
- Work very closely with, mentor, and train Tier-2 / Tier-1 support team members.
- Please note, this role may require being on a rotating on-call shift which includes being available during evenings and weekends when scheduled.
- Experience configuring, supporting or developing software applications.
- Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- Comfortable using application logs and other tool to investigate issues.
- Basic UNIX commands.
- Scripting .
- Thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Bias for action.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
Nice to have:
- Prior engineering support or Tier-3 technical support experience.
- Experience with APIs.
- Experience with Medallia application.
- Experience with agile development processes
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for applicants with any disability.