Technical Product Expert, Engineering Support
- Provide advanced technical post-sales support and guidance.
- Answer how-to and set up related questions escalated from Tier-2 support team
- Track bugs and escalate to Engineering for resolution
- For bug fixes and product changes, assist Product Managers on specifications, prioritization, user testing and early adopter programs
- Identify product enhancement opportunities based on support trends.
- Analyze reported issues, production outages, production logs, and customer feedback to identify ways to enhance our product as well as make support processes more effective
- Meet and communicate regularly with the Engineering teams, updating them on product needs from customer perspective, and align your understanding about the product vision
- Be the liaison for regular communication between various engineering teams and customer facing teams on issues and product changes.
- Ensure troubleshooting guides, best practices and support knowledgeable are up to date.
- Work very closely with, mentor, and train Tier-2 / Tier-1 support team members.
- Please note, this role may require being on a rotating on-call shift which includes being available during evenings and weekends when scheduled.
- Experience configuring, supporting or developing software applications.
- Strong technical problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- Comfortable using application logs and other tool to investigate issues.
- Basic UNIX commands.
- Scripting .
- Thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Bias for action.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
Nice to have:
- Prior engineering support or Tier-3 technical support experience.
- Experience with APIs.
- Experience with Medallia application.
- Experience with agile development processes
See Inside the Office of Medallia
Medallia is a cloud based software platform—helping some of the largest companies in the world improve their relationships with their customers. The company’s innovative customer experience software captures customer feedback, analyzes it in real-time, and delivers it to everyone in the company—from C-suite to the frontline—to help create experiences that customers love.
Back to top