Technical Lead, HRIS
- San Mateo, CA
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Enterprise Applications & Analytics team is part of corporate IT and is responsible for supporting, developing, managing and enhancing the set of enterprise applications which make up the platform that delivers Medallia's business processes. The group focuses on engagement with the lines of business to evolve and scale solutions to best fit Medallia's business needs. In addition, the group focuses on design, development and the deployment of an enterprise decision support system to provide enhanced reporting and analytics capabilities.
Our team's Top Priorities include:
Optimize Medallia’s business processes
Provide an accurate single source of truth for timely decision support
Simplify the landscape for support efficiency
Design, plan and deliver quality new solutions, cost effectively
Medallia launched Workday in August 2015 with the HCM, Absence, Advanced Compensation and Talent modules, In addition, Medallia deployed other HRIS solutions that integrates to Workday and support other key HR processes (e.g Lever ATS). Reporting to the VP IT Business Applications, the Technical Lead - HRIS, will partner with the People Technology & Analytics (HR) team to provide support with integration, security, and system audits.
This technical subject matter expert (SME) will partner with Functional SMEs in People Technology & Analytics to provide thought leadership and program management to design, develop and deploy HRIS systems solutions. As a Technical Lead - HRIS, you’ll utilize your creativity and innovation to develop new approaches for enterprise applications integration, workflow automation, performance optimization and overall solution architecture to improve current HR systems and integration landscape with the goal of delivering business process efficiency through the development of process automation.
This role can be based in any of our 3 Bay Area offices (San Mateo, San Francisco or Pleasanton).
- Key contributor in assisting the People Technology & Analytics team in automating data across the company
- Partner directly with the functional Workday analysts in HR to assist with analyzing downstream effects to streamline processes and constantly improve HRIS landscape
- Translate business requirements into creative and effective technical / functional designs and systems architecture
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory and security requirements and ensure compliance
- Solutions optimization and supportability (searches, scripting, workflow)
- Application administration responsibilities over HRIS
- Simplified integration - platforms consolidation and best practices
- Develop, maintain and document all technical design aspects of the HRIS (W/F process, exception handling, technical test use cases, etc.)
- Collaborate and build effective working relationships across the organization
- Provide technical expertise to support management of data cleansing / transformation
- Work in the capacity of technical expert point of escalation for the day-to-day support team
- Evaluate applications solutions, features and related products
- Ability to present work with confidence and persuasion and handle questions effectively from both technical and business stakeholders
- You bring a quality first mindset, you're an innovative thinker, eager to learn, grow, and develop.
- Curiosity is your middle name and you always dig deep to understand the ‘why’
- You are a true team player who can easily transition between being a strategic advisor and being hands-on with delivering solutions
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing medium to large-scale business systems and components in the realm of HRIS
- 3+ years of relevant Workday experience related to application administration, solution implementation and support
- 1+ years of program or project management experience delivering financial SaaS solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in independently architecting and developing data synchronization solutions across Workday and other systems, Previous experience using Dell Boomi is a plus.
- Program / Project management expertise - consistently delivering projects and tasks on time and to specification.
- Experience with Lever and integration to/from Workday is a plus.
- Academic degree in computer science or other relevant field.
- Team player with unwavering integrity, positive attitude and passion for the opportunity.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Back to top