Systems Engineer, Data Center Services
- Logistics coordination, installation, documentation and troubleshooting of physical equipment at colocation facilities.
- Coordination with existing Infra team to validate equipment installation and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Pre-plan data center design and execution maintaining capacity and equipment.
- Leverage and extend existing data center best practices and documentation.
- Manage data center inventory, domestic and foreign equipment orders, returns and shipments.
- Project management of datacenter related projects.
- Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures.
- Keep track of support, warranty and manage RMA-s.
- 5+ years of experience of datacenter or IT management.
- Experience with physically installing servers and cables, troubleshooting DC equipment locally and remotely via remote management tools.
- Able to travel to local data centers on a daily basis.
- Able to travel to global data centers for occasional project work.
- Able to work flexible hours when required, including nights and weekends.
- Comfortable working in a Linux-based environment.
- Comfortable with basic network connectivity concepts.
- Familiar with Cisco IOS and knowledge of Ethernet networks (VLAN, MAC addressing, etc.).
- Able to lift 65 pounds.
- Organized, self-starter that is passionate about technology.
- Experience with bug/ticket tracking systems like JIRA a plus.
See Inside the Office of Medallia
Medallia is a cloud based software platform—helping some of the largest companies in the world improve their relationships with their customers. The company’s innovative customer experience software captures customer feedback, analyzes it in real-time, and delivers it to everyone in the company—from C-suite to the frontline—to help create experiences that customers love.
Back to top