Staff Software Engineer - Core Infrastructure (UK)
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
TEAM & ROLE
Medallia’s Cloud Infrastructure team sits in Palo Alto and develops and operates the fabric which aims to facilitate Medallia’s SaaS offering to be deployed on any cloud infrastructure. Working with the team requires one to have good software engineering skills, valuable operational insights, and a goal to build a world-class SaaS platform. Manageability is the core of all decisions pertaining infrastructure. The team is at the forefront of innovation in infrastructure agnostic platform architecture supporting server cluster managers that enable Medallia’s SaaS offerings. We’re looking for software engineers who are passionate about quality, scale, and systems performance with deep understanding of operations and manageability and converting it to logic.
The candidate will:
- Serve as the technical lead for the Core Infrastructure and Provisioning team. Including but not limited to owning and driving the architecture of the services under management by the Core Infrastructure and Provisioning team and ensuring that these service integrate seamlessly into the overall Medallia Software Stack.
- Own the design, development, and rollout of project Vulcan, Medallia’s touch-free automated self-healing service for managing Medallia’s production environment.
- Participate in cross-functional architecture discussions Medallia’s services and software stack
- Code-Review and training of other software developers in the Core Infrastructure and Provisioning team.
- On-call and technical support to the sales and professional services team regarding technical matters for clients.
- Extensive experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms
- 5+ years of expertise working with the Linux operating system (mainly CentOS and Ubuntu)
- 5+ years of software development experience with Go, Java, or Python
- 5+ years experience with distributed systems and fundamental algorithmic concepts
- Scripting experience with Bash, Python
- Experience with Postgres, AWS, Mesos, Zookeeper, Ceph
- Proven automation experience
- Proven ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills
- Extreme passion for quality, scale and performance
- Expertise with Linux CLI
- Experience building testing infrastructure and environments
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- A team player, leave no one behind attitude, and strong communication skills
Posting date: 4 November 2016
Closing date: 2 December 2016
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top