Staff Software Development Engineer (Quality)
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day. Why? Because we firmly believe that no one should ever feel like they’re at the DMV, except when they’re at the DMV.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer (Quality) at Medallia you’ll be working with emerging test automation technologies, building a new team and helping us scale. You will implement test frameworks, test and delivery pipelines, partner with Medallia’s Dev team, training them on the care and maintenance to ensure continuous quality can be self-sustaining. As we continue, scaling confidence in quality will continue to be an imperative and you will play a huge part in its success. Want a challenge where you can solve unique and exciting scale problems?
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for test plan development as well as execution.
- Build and add new tests and automation frameworks; you will have opportunity to dive deeper.
- Streamline, audit and ensure software test and delivery pipelines are optimized.
- Collaborate with dev teams, identify and prioritize opportunities for automation.
- Gather, report and act on all relevant metrics.
- Mentor junior engineers so they can become as good as you are.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated strong proficiency in Java and/or any scalable programming languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks and tools using JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Gradle, Jenkins, GIT, Cucumber, Spock,
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with AWS and similar Cloud solutions
- Experience with micro services based test automation using Docker, Vagrant
- Experience with Unix system tools and administration
- Understand system structure and feature design quickly and figure out testing risk during system integration and interoperabilities.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top