Staff Performance Engineer
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day. Why? Because we firmly believe that no one should ever feel like they’re at the DMV, except when they’re at the DMV.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Staff level performance engineer at Medallia, you will be responsible for setting the direction engineering follows to build and test performant and scalable code. You will have broad architectural exposure of Medallia SaaS platform and drive performance engineering across the entire platform. You will be responsible putting in place tooling and defining best practices for performance engineering at Medallia.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- You are passionate about performance and scale in enterprise apps.
- You take a systematic approach to performance across all tiers: database, Middle-tier, front-end and analytics subsystem.
- You can define key performance indicators and metrics and work with engineers to meet them.
- You can review code and collaborate with engineers to improve it.
- You work collaboratively across a wide array of engineer personality types.
- You stay abreast of the latest performance testing technologies and tools (e.g. JMeter) and share what you learn with others.
- You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools.
- You are fascinated by other cultures and interested building strong relationships with team members across the globe.
- 7+ years of commercial industry experience in performance engineering of complex back-end distributed systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with SQL, Java or C++ (or another high-level object oriented language).
- BS CS or equivalent qualitative degree (MS preferred)
- Experience with SaaS enterprise products
- Our development environment includes Voldemort, Postgres, Git, and Jira. Prior experience with any of these is a plus.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top