Staff Database Engineer
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
Our Engineering Culture
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
Medallia is looking for a skilled Database Engineer to manage high-performance database and Big Data systems that support our innovative customer experience SaaS platform. This role will be responsible for the tuning, scalability, availability and reliability of our rapidly growing structured and unstructured data environments. This is an opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation of complex and real-time Big Data environments, come join our team.
- Design and lead implementations of database solutions for Medallia’s microservices infrastructure.
- Install, monitor and performance tune large database systems.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery solutions.
- Design and roll out replication solutions for high availability and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Recommend and evaluate new tools and methodologies.
- Provide full-life cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Work with development and operations teams to tune production queries for optimal performance.
- Investigate production issues and provide root cause analysis.
- Review and advise on new database schema changes.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other technical domain.
- 5+ years of PostgreSQL or similar (Oracle/MySQL/Microsoft SQL Server) database administration experience in a production environment.
- 3+ years knowledge and experience with Cassandra or similar No-SQL data stores.
- Experience working in physical, virtual, and "cloud" environments.
- Experience running databases at scale within containers.
- Experience running database at scale within AWS.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, application and database performance metrics.
- Solid understanding of various infrastructure components: servers, storage, and networking.
- Solid SQL development experience.
- Some proficiency with scripting languages and tools.
- Experience with build, deployment, CI/CD and release management.
- Experience configuring and maintaining database monitoring/trending tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Medallia is a Palo Alto-based software company that puts the world’s leading brands in touch with their customers. Our platform captures feedback across web, social, mobile, and contact center channels and analyzes it in real-time, enabling companies to improve customer experience. Core capabilities include:
- Sentiment analysis and topic classification of unstructured data
- In-house machine-learning based solution for sentiment analysis trained to 85%+ industry-specific precision and recall
- Customizable client-specific solution for topic classification trained to 90%+ precision and 50%+ recall
- In-house OLAP engine to enable real-time dynamic aggregation queries on continuously updated data
- Per-query bytecode compilation for maximized performance
- Aggregation of thousands of data points across 100M+ records in less than a second.
- Extensible, distributed generic platform with a shared code-base for hundreds of clients
- Social media data corpus kept up to date for thousands of hotels worldwide
Medallia is a rapidly growing company with strong foundations. Last year’s milestones include:
- 43% revenue growth
- Funded by Sequoia Capital
- New offices in London and Buenos Aires
- Named a leader in our industry by Forrester Research
If a work environment with a start-up culture plus the stability and impact of a company backed by great customers and investors sounds like your kind of gig, apply now!
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top