Sr. Technical Analyst, Data Modeling and Analytics
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never settle.
Medallia was founded on a simple idea: that companies can win by putting the customer before everything else. Our SaaS platform does this by capturing customer feedback, analyzing it in real-time, and then delivering it to everyone in a company — from the c-suite to the frontline — to help them improve. We’re now considered the leaders in a space we helped to create, we’re Sequoia backed, and we’re growing like crazy, doubling in size every 12 months. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, irreverence… and our people love it. A full 95% of our employees would recommend us to their friends.
Come find out why.
The Enterprise Applications & Analytics team is part of corporate IT and is responsible to support, develop, manage and enhance the set of enterprise applications which are the platform that deliver Medallia's business processes. The group focuses on engagement with the line of business to continue and calibrate the solutions to best fit Medallia's business needs. In addition the group focuses on design, development and the deployment of an enterprise decision support system to provide enhanced reporting and analytics capabilities.
Provide technical leadership across a broad range of data analysis, reporting functions and platforms including data modeling, BI / BW tools administration and technical development. Utilize your creativity and innovation to develop new approaches for data analysis through metrics reporting and dashboards. Design and develop reporting and analytics solutions while consolidating data from multiple sources. Gather functional and technical requirements for business needs, develop and build the required tools and functionality in the most efficient way while utilizing development best practices.
Establish a new Decision Support platform and significantly improve access to data efficiency
- Leverage best practices ETL framework to provide solution that meets business requirements
- Design and develop reporting platforms including - Data modeling, ETL, Interfaces
- Collaborate and build effective working relationships across the organization with emphasis on stakeholder management
- Intelligently interpret business needs to delineate required reporting & analytics requirements for data model creation across multiple business functions.
- Design and manage data models and platform to enable efficient data consolidation, validation and visualisation
- Significant experience managing data cleansing / transformation
- Strong understanding and demonstrated application of data governance principles
- Ability to present work with confidence and persuasion and handle questions effectively from both technical and business stakeholders
- Change management evangelist that values importance of documenting data management best practices, identifying areas for data efficiencies and designing solutions, and training junior analysts/ business analysts
ABOUT YOU / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Positive attitude and passion for the opportunity
- Creative mind, innovative thinker, eager to learn, grow, and develop
- Organized, problem solver, process-oriented, integrative team player
- Proactive thinker that understands & highlights interdependencies between business decisions and data model
- Consistently deliver projects and tasks on time and to specification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or other relevant field
- Execution-oriented with ability to juggle multiple projects yet stay focused on delivering top priorities
- 5+ years hands on experience in development of data mapping and models
- Broad technical background with 5+ years experience successfully implementing BI solutions for cloud-based applications, experience Implementing a cloud based BI solution is a big plus
- Strong programming skills with 5+ years of experience around database handling (SQL)
- Clear communicator with ability to express complex technical information in “user friendly” language and style
- Development and technical experience with Netsuite, SFDC, WDAY is a big plus
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top