Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Fabric
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Sr. Software Engineer at Medallia, you will be joining the team that is building the next generation Data Center Operating System (DCOS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) to power Medallia’s growth and future. The resilient, scalable, and self-healing infrastructure and services will enable successful migration of our entire stack from our 10 year old monolithic applications to a future-proof microservices environment. Come be part of a team that is inspiring a new platform service infrastructure.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Develop fully automated infrastructure stack provisioning for global deployments.
- Create an elastic compute service using modern technology (Docker, Mesos, Aurora).
- Develop a distributed resilient storage service powered by Ceph
- Build highly available services for edge routing, high throughput messaging, service composition, cross services security, persistence, and event processing
- Implement tools and frameworks to enable monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging at scale
- Contribute to and extend open source software that is at the leading edge of innovation
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or another high-level object oriented language).
- BS CS or equivalent degree (MS preferred)
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top