Sr. Software Engineer, Backend (Mobile)
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team is all about!
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be joining our Mobile team, who is defining the standard of how customer experience can be integrated into companies and organizations through an engaging mobile application. Not only are we building the future of Medallia's mobile application, we're also transforming the way the world's leading brands design and deliver incredible customer experiences - from front-line to C-suite! Be a part of the movement that is driving mobile to even greater heights!
- Build and evolve the future of Medallia's mobile application, at scale, by developing new features even faster using the latest frameworks, toolings, and best practices.
- Be part of a lean mobile team, in collaboration with Product and Design teams, to design and implement complex user interfaces and user-facing features for the next generation CEM product.
- Build customer centric cultures for world class brands, strengthening a brand's ability to monitor and take action on customer experience with real-time feedback.
- You’re obsessed with creating sophisticated, modern distributed services using Java (or another high level OO language)
- You take pride in the quality and thoughtfulness of your code, which is modular, flexible, well designed and documented.
- Peer code reviews is your preferred way to collaborate and learn the systems.
- You proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- You stay abreast of the latest technologies and share what you learn with others.
- You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- You are fascinated by other cultures and interested building strong relationships with team members across the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or another high-level object oriented language).
- Strong attention to detail on every line of code, unit test, and commit message.
- BS CS or equivalent qualitative degree (MS preferred)
- Experience with SOA, designing/creating APIs
- Our development environment includes Swagger / Jersey, Postgres, Git, and Jira. Prior experience with any of these is a plus.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top