Sr. Software Engineer, Android
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team is all about!
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
About the Role:
Medallia’s flagship Reporting product is at the center of the world’s biggest and best companies’ global Customer Experience strategy. It allows them to quickly access analytics that help drive the operational customer experience across their organizations. We are looking for a Android Software Engineer to join the Mobile Reporting team.
Our vision is to build a perfect responsive reporting tool for companies to achieve a world where they are loved by their customers. We’ll live out this vision through a thoughtfully crafted and executed Mobile product that enables everyone to take action, everyday.
What we do? We build accurate, fast, highly usable reporting mobile app that enables actionable stories and insights to flow from data. We’re entirely responsible for both mobile platforms, from UI to build system, from security to testing. We employ industry standards (some of which we’ve helped develop) and best practices for mobile application using React Native, Redux, GraphQL for core app development, GCM for push notification services, Google Test Lab for test automation, Crashlytics and New Relic for monitoring, etc.
How we do it? We raise the bar on user experience, on quality, on visibility, on performance. We plan, track, and communicate our work with detail and foresight. We experiment with new ideas and tools in pursuit of new learnings. We write clean, testable, and maintainable code with minimal debt.
How we behave? We share ideas clearly, openly, and respectfully. We focus on one thing and do it really well. We build empathy by eating our own dogfood. We celebrate our successes and our failures.
Let’s chat if any of the above resonate with you!
- Have developed native mobile Android apps (commercial experience preferred) and exposure to React / React Native
- Knowledge of Android's common software design patterns, including those required to develop connected applications with high-performing UI
- Strong foundation in Computer Science, with competency in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a consumer internet and/or startup environment preferred
- Experience developing as part of an Agile team
- Contributions to open source projects a huge plus.
- Passion for elegance and simplicity
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top