Sr. Security Engineer - Infrastructure
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
We at Medallia feel very strongly about protecting our clients’ information, and are looking for like-minded engineers to solve complex security challenges while enabling the rapid growth of the business globally. This is a high profile role with significant potential to make an impact, working in a group that encourages innovation and creativity.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying security risks to Medallia’s global infrastructure, designing scalable security solutions, driving implementation and demonstrating effective risk mitigation to leadership. The role will be the technical subject matter expert on network security, system security, security monitoring and other infrastructure security related areas.
A successful candidate for this role will be passionate about security, demonstrate creativity in engineering security solutions, possess deep technical knowledge and be able to take ownership in a fast paced startup environment.
- Own the security of the technology stack supporting our SaaS applications, including VMs, Docker containers, OS configuration, and networking
- Create secure configuration templates and network architecture standards, for our SaaS offering as well as our corporate IT infrastructure
- Perform threat modeling to identify weaknesses, and provide remediation guidance
- Design and build security into our next generation software-defined network, for both on-prem and cloud environments
- Periodically and proactively assess system and network alignment with established baselines and standards
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in technical infrastructure security related function
- Deep knowledge of the security aspects of microservices and associated technologies, including Docker configuration, and distributed file systems (e.g., Ceph, NFS)
- Deep knowledge of authentication protocols, applied cryptography, PKI, and TLS
- Deep knowledge and experience in Unix, Linux and OS X
- Working knowledge of directory and distributed authentication/authorization technologies (OpenLDAP, Active Directory, RADIUS, SAML, OAuth)
- Strong scripting skills (Perl/Python/Shell) and ability to write code for automation
- Experience in a technical security role with hands on experience in design and implementation of network security, operating system security, vulnerability assessment
- Experience with customizing open source tools for enterprise deployment
- Experience with audits and certifications to regulations and standards like PCI DSS, SOC 2, ISO 27001:27002
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top