Sr. Revenue Manager
Medallia is the Customer Experience Management category creator and global leader. With a mission to create a world where companies are loved by their customers and employees, Medallia provides an Enterprise SaaS platform that puts the customer in the center of every decision – at scale and real-time.
Ranked in the top 25 of the First-Ever Forbes 2016 World's Best 100 Cloud Companies List, Medallia solves one of the most fundamental challenges to businesses today. At a time where all companies strive to be "customer centric," the customer's experience truly has become a company’s brand (fact: consumers buy more based on ratings and reviews than on branding or advertising). Currently over 500 companies trust Medallia and its proprietary software platform, which enables even the largest, most distributed companies to understand, fix, and improve the customer experience by harnessing and assessing vast amounts of cross-sector data to provide both predictive and prescriptive, role-specific analytics, in real-time.
Already one of today's leading enterprise SaaS companies, as highlighted by Forrester, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, J.D. Power, and Deloitte, Medallia has many of the most renowned Global 2000 companies as customers, which span the most important sectors in business. Founder-led, well capitalized, and with a diverse and experienced leadership team, Medallia is rapidly growing and achieved aggressive revenue growth annually. Backed by Sequoia Capital as the largest investment in their portfolio, Medallia is growing rapidly and well-positioned to move to the public markets.
Medallia is looking for a skilled Sr. Revenue Manager to join its growing Accounting team. It’ll be your job to oversee the revenue accounting team and own the entire revenue close process. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Revenue Operations, and we’re looking for folks that want to scale controls, improve processes, and leave a legacy while taking Medallia’s accounting function to the next level. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are ready for the adventure awaits you at Medallia, then keep on reading!
In this capacity, you will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. You will have a dual focus on (1) upstream process efficiency within the quote to cash process and (2) streamlining our revenue recognition process under multiple elements as we integrate our existing systems to further automate and scale the business and implement new tools to manage complex revenue transactions. As an ideal candidate, you possess experience with multiple element arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically on a process level, and also execute and comfortably get into the details.
- Managing, training, and developing current and future Revenue team members
- Reviewing journal entries and Reconciliations for Revenue as well as various deferral and reserve entries
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP standards, SOX controls and documentation
- Serving as the "go to" point of contact for the SOX team and the External Auditors
- Preparing Balance Sheet Flux analysis for deferred revenue accounts and accounts receivable
- Front Line interaction with various business partners including Rev Rec, FP&A, and Operations
- Preparing revenue and deferred revenue schedules and perform related reconciliations
- Working closely with Sales Operations to streamline the processes and improve efficiency
- Supporting the system implementation related to revenue processes
- Managing and prepare schedules to support monthly reviews, quarterly audit, 10Q and 10K reporting process
- Responsible for Revenue & AR close
- Driving special projects through to completion
- 6-10 years of revenue recognition experience within an SaaS-based, enterprise-level, public company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- Working proficiency with revenue recognition US GAAP (ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25)
- Working proficiency with revenue recognition standards in accordance with SAB 104 and EITF 00-21
- Exceptional presentation skills with strength communicating technical requirements to a non-technical audience
- Detailed-oriented with exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience within a Big 4 Public Accounting Firm
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, ideally current
- Working proficiency of revenue recognition standards in accordance EITF 08-1
- Working proficiency of NetSuite
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top