Sr. Production Engineer
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
Express - our high-performance SaaS platform - is used by leading brands across some of the most impactful customer-focused industries in the world. It's designed to derive operational insights and provide sophisticated reporting on all points of a customer's journey. And we need you to help us take it to the next level.
You will work with innovative technologies in collaboration with Medallia's talented engineering teams to push our infrastructure to the limit. If you thrive on constantly finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation, then come join our team.
- Manage and Operate large-scale distributed infrastructure for high availability
- Performance tune infrastructure and application stack
- Lead technical design, implementation, and delivery of software projects. Projects range from integration of third party tools to extending our existing automation framework
- Work closely with Engineering teams on high performance compute requirements
- Perform capacity planning for a rapidly growing production environment
- Technical domain expert for the L1 support team
- Evaluate bleeding-edge infrastructure and software technologies to integrate into the Medallia SaaS framework to improve scalability, reliability, and performance
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system (mainly CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Ability to code or script in at least one language (Java, Groovy, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.) on Linux-based platforms
- Experienced with physical, virtual and cloud environments
- Proven automation experience
- Experienced using orchestration and automation frameworks like Stackstorm and Rundeck
- Scripting experience with Perl, Bash, Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with Postgres, AWS, Mesos, Zookeeper, Ceph a plus
- Proven ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top