Sr. Manager - Network, Telecom, and Security
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our IT Team's All About:
OUR IT CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- IT is embarking on creating a world class delivery and capabilities organization that will be considered a value add across all of Medallia.
As a Senior Manager at Medallia, you will lead individually or manage internal or external vendor teams that will create seamless network experiences across office wireless, wired, WAN globally and mobile devices. Your work will help us give our end user community a secure, highly performant and consistent network performance across the globe.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Lead the IT team while being a thought leader in architecting, designing, building, and maintaining Network and IT security services for the company.
- Design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time. You will be responsible for helping the team sequence, prioritize, and plan.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Measure project progress using KPI’s and metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis
- Be hands-on in building a high performing world class IT practice and providing opportunities for team members to grow and prosper in providing great services and support services.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in a hands on manager/technical role working on IT Security and global networks in campus and remote scenarios.
- 3+ years’ experience building and maintaining external services which will include cloud and SaaS services.
- 2+ years of managing external outsourcing providers with emphasis on monitoring and automation tools to improve remote operations effectiveness.
- Demonstrated experience growing your team from outside your organization
- Experience managing ITIL based service delivery models
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment or at a mid-stage startup (or both!)
- Proficiency in designing and architecting Routing, Switching, Wireless optimization, DNS and SSO platforms like Ping or Okta.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge and experience with WAN optimization techniques and technologies (Riverbed, Aryaka, Akamai, Silverpeak etc.)
- Experience with security products from Cisco, Juniper or Palo Alto Networks and establishing security policies and adherence techniques.
- BYOD and techniques to drive mobile device management and PKI infrastructure.
Medallia IT is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. If you think you will too, let’s chat.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top