Sr. Manager, Engineering - Mobile
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day. Why? Because we firmly believe that no one should ever feel like they’re at the DMV, except when they’re at the DMV.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
Medallia’s vision is a world where they are loved by their customers. Our Mobile team helps to deliver on that vision by driving engagement, which in turn drives culture change inside each company. We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Mobile team at our Palo Alto HQ.
What we do? We build accurate, fast, highly usable mobile app that enables actionable stories and insights to flow from data. We’re entirely responsible for both mobile platforms, from UI to build system, from security to testing. We employ industry standards (some of which we’ve helped develop) and best practices for mobile application using React Native, Redux, GraphQL for core app development, GCM for push notification services, Google Test Lab for test automation, Crashlytics and New Relic for monitoring, etc.
How we do it? We raise the bar on user experience, on quality, on visibility, on performance. We plan, track, and communicate our work with detail and foresight. We experiment with new ideas and tools in pursuit of new learnings. We write clean, testable, and maintainable code with minimal debt.
How we behave? We share ideas clearly, openly, and respectfully. We focus on one thing and do it really well. We build empathy by eating our own dogfood. We celebrate our successes and our failures.
On a typical day you can expect to:
- Go from stand-up circles listening to blockers from the team one moment then sit in a product strategy meeting with senior leadership the next.
- Scour LinkedIn, Hired, and every possible candidate source to find great talents, while learning to craft and refine an elevator pitch about why someone should join your team.
- Not be afraid of failing while experimenting with different development methodologies, toolings, and process until you find what works for your team and the engineering organization as a whole.
Let’s chat if any of the above resonate with you!
- 5+ years’ experience of direct people management where you’ve built out a high performing team
- 7+ years’ experience shipping high-quality, Android and / or iOS apps
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced flat distributed environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top