Sr. Manager, Engineering - Front End
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
Medallia’s platform is at the center of the world’s biggest and best companies’ global Customer Experience strategy. It allows them to quickly access analytics that help drive the operational customer experience across their organizations. We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Front-end team at our Northern Virginia office.
As an Engineering Manager at Medallia, you will lead the development team that is designing, building, and maintaining one or more web applications in our Open Admin suite. Your work will connect the world’s leading businesses to their customers using modern web technologies over a service-oriented architecture.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL
- Design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time. You will be responsible for helping the team prioritize and plan.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Measure project progress using KPI’s and metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis
- Scour LinkedIn, Hired, and every possible candidate source to find great talents, while learning to craft and refine an elevator pitch about why someone should join your team.
- Listen, understand, and coach and plan individual career growth, development, and personal challenges.
- Be hands-on in building a high performing team by hiring the very best and providing opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 3+ years’ experience of direct people management where you’ve built out a high performing team
- 7+ years’ experience shipping high-quality, customer-centric software
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced flat distributed environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top