Sr. Manager, Engineering - Cloud Fabric
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day. Why? Because we firmly believe that no one should ever feel like they’re at the DMV, except when they’re at the DMV.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
As an Engineering Manager at Medallia, you will be joining the team that is building the next generation Data Center Operating System (DCOS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) to power Medallia’s growth and future. The resilient, scalable, and self-healing infrastructure and services will enable successful migration of our entire stack from our 10-year old monolithic applications to a future-proof microservices environment. Come be part of a team that is inspiring a new platform service infrastructure.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for the core services of our distributed and scalable next generation stack
- Design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time. You will be responsible for helping the team prioritize and plan.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Measure project progress using KPI(s) and Metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis
- Build a high performing team. Hire the very best and provide opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role (developer or architect) working on distributed systems, platform infrastructure, or cloud services. Managers that have grown into it from technical background are ideal.
- 2-5+ years of experience directly managing people in a front-line role
- Demonstrated experience growing your team from outside your organization
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment or at a mid-stage startup (or both!)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the development of fully automated infrastructure stack provisioning for global deployments.
- Created an elastic compute service using modern technology (Docker, Mesos, Aurora).
- Developed a distributed resilient storage service powered by Ceph
- Built highly available services for edge routing, high throughput messaging, service composition, cross services security, persistence, and event processing
- Implemented tools and frameworks to enable monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging at scale
- Participated in the open source community and have a robust github repository
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. If you think you will too, let’s chat.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top