Sr. Manager, Engineering - Application Services
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager in Application Services, you will lead a backend team to create APIs for Medallia applications and 3rd party developers. Your work will connect the world’s leading businesses to their customers using modern web technologies over a service-oriented architecture.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL...
- Build a high performing team by hiring the very best and providing opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
- Lead a deeply technical team that is designing, building, and maintaining APIs on a new service-oriented architecture.
- On-time delivery of high quality APIs. The success or failure of many products will depend on your ability to execute.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to create best-in-class user experiences. Beyond R&D, expect to collaborate with stakeholders across the company to align goals, roadmaps, and other commitments.
- Measure project and operational success using business-oriented KPIs and effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role working on distributed systems and web services
- 3+ years experience on product development teams
- 3+ years of experience directly managing engineers
- BS+ in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience building high-performing teams
- Knowledge of HTTP specification and REST architecture
- Knowledge of distributed systems and networks
- Experience with API frameworks, e.g. Swagger or RAML
- Experience with API lifecycle infrastructure and management tools
- Experience managing Java-based Web Applications
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. If you think you will too, let’s chat.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top