Sr. Manager, Engineering - Application Services
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
As an Engineering Manager at Medallia, you will lead a team that is creating APIs for Medallia applications and 3rd party developers. Your work will connect the world’s leading businesses to their customers using modern web technologies over a service-oriented architecture.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Lead the development team that is designing, building, and maintaining API services for our front-end Engineering teams.
- Design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time. You will be responsible for helping the team prioritize and plan.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Measure project progress using KPI’s and metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis
- Be hands-on in building a high performing team by hiring the very best and providing opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role (developer or architect) working on distributed systems or cloud services.
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining API services
- 3+ years of experience directly managing engineers
- Demonstrated experience building a high-performance team.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of HTTP specification and REST architecture
- Experience with API frameworks and tooling (e.g. Swagger/RAML)
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. If you think you will too, let’s chat.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top