Sr. Engineering Manager, Cloud Engineering
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for the core services of our distributed next generation platform as a service layer.
- Tackle challenging software and hardware convergent solutions to provide cloud capabilities.
- Design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Measure project progress using KPI(s) and Metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis.
- Build a high performing team. Hire the very best and provide opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
- Define code life cycle pipeline, both internal and also for customer extensions/apps on top of Medallia.
- Responsible for configuration management capabilities like feature flag framework and feature enablement.
- Responsible for data segregation between Medallia owned config+data and customer-owned config+data.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role (developer or architect) working on distributed systems, platform infrastructure, or cloud services. Managers that have grown into it from technical background are ideal.
- 2-5+ years of experience directly managing people in a front-line role
- Demonstrated experience growing your team from outside your organization
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment or at a mid-stage startup (or both!)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the development of fully automated infrastructure stack provisioning for global deployments.
- Created an elastic compute service using modern technology (Docker, Mesos, Aurora).
- Developed a distributed resilient storage service powered by Ceph
- Built highly available services for edge routing, high throughput messaging, service composition, cross services security, persistence, and event processing
- Implemented tools and frameworks to enable monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging at scale
- Participated in the open source community and have a robust github repository
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top