Sr. Data Center Technician
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
Medallia is looking for an experienced Data Center Tech to be part of our Data Center Services team, and help with the management and maintenance of our data centers. This is an excellent opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly pushing hardware and software to the limits and finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation, then come join our team.
- Evaluation of next gen hardware
- Evaluation of new firmware and system patches for upgrades
- Manage remote hands in different data centers for specific data projects
- Server Maintenance: Capable of independently diagnosing and resolving hardware issues detected by our monitoring software.
- Inventory Management: Maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory of systems and components in our data centers, capable of following process for replenishing spare components.
- Respond to support requests: Respond to and resolve infrastructure support requests
- Document environment and changes: Build and maintain an up-to-date DCIM
- Capacity Expansion: Install and cable new racks, servers, switches
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a technical field.
- 5+ years as a data center tech, with demonstrated increasing job responsibiliites
- Proficiency with Linux, Vmware, Cisco – Able to perform L1 tasks in Linux, Vmware and Cisco environments.
- Experience with planning and executing rack moves
- Strong understanding of server hardware, proven experience with evaluating hardware
- Proven experience having done evaluation of firmware and system patches
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems under pressure.
- Good understanding of project management fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top