Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
As part of Medallia’s Cloud engineering Team, Core Infrastructure thrives on collaboration, mutual support, openness to new ideas, and solving problems at a deep, systemic level.
This team is responsible for building and maintaining large distributed components that run Medallia’s cloud. Our code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner. We handle everything from scale: compute, data storage, to synchronization and coordination of large server clusters, to providing a runtime environment all of Medallia’s applications. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- Design core, backend software components.
- Build automation to enable the cloud to be automatically maintainable.
- Code primarily using Java, C/C++, Golang.
- Interface with application development teams to incorporate requirements.
- Analyze , measure to improve efficiency, scalability and stability.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Work with the operational team to build interfaces to enable manage large clusters
- 5+ years of software development experience in Python, Go, or Java.3+ years of experience working on large scale IaaS platforms either within a SaaS company ,or public cloud.
- Degree in computer or electrical engineering.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals.S
- trong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams.
- Experience operating a SaaS platform as an Ops or DevOps engineer a plus.
- Experience designing distributed systems a plus.
- Experience with Postgres, AWS, Mesos, Zookeeper, Ceph a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.