Sr. Backend Software Engineer, Distributed Systems
- As a software engineer at Medallia, you will be joining our Distributed Systems team - the backbone of our CEM service. We are looking for you to utilize the latest in open source technology to develop the next generation interaction platforms to engage with our client’s customers.
- You will get the opportunity to represent some of the world’s most recognizable brands as you develop a platform to interact with their customers.
- Take on the responsibility of designing, developing, and operating mission critical applications that sit at the heart of Medallia’s infrastructure and be a foundational member of this rapidly growing team.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Design, build and operate our next generation, mission critical, interaction platforms that will be used by our clients to engage their customers over automated chatbots, web, and SMS; utilizing open source projects like Cassandra, Kafka and Akka
- Develop reliable, performant, and scalable code for our high-volume system which currently handles millions of interactions per day supporting over 500 global brands
- Develop, test, deploy, monitor, and improve our distributed systems, frameworks, and libraries
- Design/consume REST APIs and create microservices on our next generation service platform
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or other object oriented language)
- 3+ years experience with distributed NoSQL databases, Cassandra and Voldemort a plus
- Experience with stream processing platforms; Kafka a plus.
- Experience with SOA, designing/creating REST APIs
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications
- Strong Communication Skills
- BS CS or equivalent qualitative degree (MS preferred)
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top