Sr. Backend Software Engineer (Data Collections)
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a software engineer at Medallia, you will be joining our Data Applications team - the backbone of our CEM service. We solicit, find, and consume a wide array of data - from interactions, feedback, transactions and more - that drive decisions made by some of the world’s most influential companies. You will play an integral part in defining when, where, why, and how we collect the data, effectively creating the lens through which companies view their customers.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Build new systems that collect and manage all types of customer feedback -- taking a project from Design to Production -- applying your creativity and drive!
- Create reliable, performant, and scalable code to implement our highly configurable, impactful new systems from the ground up
- Develop, test, deploy, monitor, and improve our distributed systems, frameworks, and libraries.
- Collect and build within a high volume system that manages ~1.3M reviews, ~200K web API calls, ~12M record imports, and ~80M record exports sent out per day supporting over 500 global brands.
- Design/consume REST APIs and create MicroServices on our next generation service platform
- Be the B2C arm of our enterprise product - Your sights are set on the end customer in everything from adoption to a compelling interface.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or other object oriented language).
- 5+ years experience working with and performance tuning relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years experience with distributed NoSQL databases e.g. Cassandra, Voldemort.
- Experience with SOA, designing/creating REST APIs.
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Strong Communication Skills
- BS CS or equivalent qualitative degree (MS preferred)
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top