Sr. Backend Engineer (Analytics Platform)
Medallia was founded on a simple idea: that companies can win by putting the customer before everything else. Our SaaS platform does this by capturing customer feedback, analyzing it in real-time, and then delivering it to everyone in a company — from the c-suite to the frontline — to help them improve. We’re now considered the leaders in a space we helped to create, we’re Sequoia backed, and we’re growing like crazy, doubling in size every 12 months. Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
ABOUT THE JOB
Every second, our software receives thousands of customer feedback responses. Our stellar team analyzes them in real-time leveraging cutting edge analytics technologies in the field of NLP, sentiment and topic modeling, and machine learning. This allows us to identify business insights and helping our customers take actions that positively impact the lives of millions of people. In this role, you will build predictive and prescriptive analytics technologies that enable Fortune 1000 companies understand the voice of their customer and act on them.
- You’re obsessed with building analytics frameworks and algorithms using Java (or another high level OO language)
- You’re excited about researching, prototyping and productizing the latest technologies and algorithms in machine learning, natural language processing, topic extraction and sentiment analytics.
- You take pride in the quality and thoughtfulness of your code, which is modular, designed to last, and documented and can be changed easily in response to varying requirements.
- You value code reviews highly and consider them worth a significant investment to be done carefully.
- You proactively seek out and help us minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- You stay abreast of the latest technologies and share what you learn with others.
- You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- You are fascinated by other cultures and interested building strong relationships with team members across the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or another high-level object oriented language).
- Experience in big data/text analytics
- BS CS or equivalent qualitative degree (MS preferred)
- Familiarity with Spark/Storm/Hadoop
- Familiarity with SOA
- Experience with designing/creating APIs
- Our development environment includes Bamboo, Docker, Git, and Jira. Prior experience with any of these is a plus.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top