Solutions Consultant, Public Sector
- Flexible / Remote
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
In this role you will partner with Sales Directors and Enterprise Solutions Consultants to:
- Understand potential business opportunities at customer prospects. This includes researching and understanding prospects' go-to-market strategies and identifying potential solution hypotheses and value drivers of Customer Experience and Employee Experience programs at the prospect’s organization.
- Work with prospects and decision-makers at leading brands on a mission critical task – helping their companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers and employees
- Immerse yourself in Medallia’s cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems for our clients and prospects
- Gain exposure to a wide range of industries, the opportunity to specialize in a specific business vertical, and work with great colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Build your knowledge and skill-set in value-based sellingBe a critical member of the sales team, a leader, coach, and a trusted advisor for our prospects
- Have the chance to own your career path as we build and grow a new team
- Solution Consultants partner with the broader Sales Team to shape the Customer Experience vision of prospects and existing clients and present Medallia's solutions to capture every signal, analyze and predict behavior, and generate the biggest impact for our clients.
- Proposals - Create compelling written proposals in collaboration with Medallia’s Shared Services Organization, leveraging a robust internal RFP repository system and templates that describe and explain Medallia’s capabilities
- Customer Discovery - Build relationships with customers to identify their current circumstances, their customer and employee experience needs, and the business value of fulfilling those needs
- Product Demonstrations - Present product capabilities through in person and remote demonstrations of the Medallia Experience Cloud that clearly articulate how prospective and current clients will achieve their goals and yield a return on their investment
- Solution Design - Propose CEM solutions that transform the business and organizational culture of prospective companies using our Best Practice Platform solution framework
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years Experience in a customer-facing role or sales organization
- Excellent business and technical presentation skills (remote and in-person), communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and ability to become a subject matter expert with new technology applications
- Previous experience in software/technology required, ideally in pre or post-Sales support
- Consulting skills (e.g. strategic, technological) and balance between a service-driven and sales mindset
- Understanding of diverse industries (including Telco, Retail, Hospitality, Finance, Insurance, B2B)
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan with limited guidance
- RFP and/or proposal writing skills experience preferred
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments
- High capacity to learn new terminology, technology, and products
- Prior experience/background in Customer and/or Employee Experience a plus
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Back to top