Software Security Engineer
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will be highly creative, self-motivated, and excel in a diversified fast-paced environment. This role is directly responsible of designing and implementing one of the most important features in Medallia and thus comes with significant responsibility. You will design and develop some of the core security features in Medallia and help architect the security capabilities using modern design approaches including backend RESTful services to provide access to the resources build tracking, monitoring and report systems for the resources. Your challenge is to work in a very dynamic environment through collaboration, design reviews with Architects etc. The candidate must possess strong communications and interpersonal skills, as your work frequently involves other technical and business organizations as our representative. Candidate must be able to learn on the job and adapt to shifting priorities at times
- Fluent (3-5+ years of experience) in Java and/or Go
- Cryptography and key management
- Knowledge of/experience developing and working with tools such as GIT, Gradle, Swagger, Scrum development process
- Experience with relational databases
- Hands on experience developing and diagnosing for security, performance and scalability
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, Web browsers
Nice To Have:
- Fluent user/sysadmin of the Linux operating system, Docker, VMs
- Experience in developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID
- Experience in developing with JAX-RS, JDBC, Servlets, any ORM technology, MVC, JNDI
- Knowledge of large-scale experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Understanding and experience working with TLS, OpenSSL
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top