Software Engineer, Platform - PathForward Returnship
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Medallia is a 16- week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Medallia, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Apply now to learn more.
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Software Engineer at Medallia, you will be joining our Platform team, whose motto “we answer a million questions in a millisecond” is the reason our customer retention rate is 96%. This team is responsible for our real-time in-memory analytics engine that enables our global customers to quickly gain valuable insights without the constraints of pre-aggregation. Additionally, we are rapidly expanding our capabilities by leveraging the latest innovations from the big data open source community.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Develop and maintain the next generation horizontally scalable in-memory engine with emphasis on data freshness, real-time querying, distributed consistency, fault-tolerance, and resource-efficiency.
- Leverage open source big data technologies such as Spark and Kafka to grow our predictive analytics and machine learning capabilities.
- Tackle across-the-board performance issues, working with other teams to find solutions to reduce load and improving scalability.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or another high-level object oriented language).
- Prior experience with big data open source technologies a plus - (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc)
- BS CS or equivalent qualitative degree (MS preferred)
- Experience building SOA, designing/creating REST APIs
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top