Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
As a key member of our Frontend Engineering team you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing Medallia’s brand new Experience Data Platform application. Your mission is to develop a user experience that integrates operational, customer, and feedback data to enable analytics for unified customer profiles, segments and journeys. Working in an agile environment, you’ll specialize in building responsive and elegant user interfaces that provide business critical insight at scale to over 100,000 users. If you ever wanted to be part of a project that pushes the needle on both the future of a business and the fundamentals of user experience, then this is the team for you!
- 0-2 years of experience delivering best-practice JS, HTML5 & CSS3 code
- JS libraries/frameworks such as ReactJSCSS
- Pre-processing such as SASS or styled-components libraries
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Advanced performance tools usage, such as Chrome Dev Tools Profiling/Timeline
- MV* architecture patterns like Redux
- GraphQL and ApolloCSS-in-JS techniques (e.g. styled-components)
- TDD and BDD
Nice to have experience
- Some devops experience with build, test, CI/CD systems like Jenkins
- Some software test automation experience with Jest, Enzyme or Selenium
- Experimentation with Typescript
- Experimentation with Docker container management
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.