Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, Washington D.C., New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv, here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
This is a Software Engineer position in the Cloud Engineering team at Medallia. Our team’s mission is to develop the industry’s next generation enterprise SaaS cloud platform for Medallia. Our cloud platform currently runs all of Medallia’s services enabling all of our customers to scale seamlessly across a hybrid cloud.
The platform consists of: compute, storage, deployment technologies, life cycle management, and automation to synchronize large server clusters. We utilize the latest in open source technologies: docker, mesos, aurora, kafka, kubernetes, redis, zookeeper, cassandra and linkerd. Our main programming languages are Java, C++ and Golang. Our motto is enable microservices to be ”built once, and run everywhere”. You might have used one of our open source projects
or maybe you’ve read our blog post
on how we do microservices at Medallia using relocatable Docker containers. If this sounds like you, join the team that’s building the next generation cloud engineering.
We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building clouds that will last, and scale through multiple orders of magnitude, and make it easy for developers to build and run services. Join us, to take on the responsibility of designing, developing, and operating mission critical services that sit at the heart of Medallia’s cloud!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Design core, infrastructure software components and services that run at scale.
- Build automation to enable the systems to be maintained automatically.
- Develop reliable, performant, and scalable code for our high-volume system which currently handles millions of interactions per day supporting over 500 global brands.
- Contribute to open source projects, and work on internal frameworks primarily using Java, C/C++, Golang.
- Develop, test, deploy, monitor, and improve our distributed systems, frameworks, and libraries.
- Design/consume REST APIs and create microservices on our next generation service platform.
- Conduct design and code reviews
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java or C++ (or other object oriented language)
- 2+ years of commercial industry experience working on implementing services for large cloud platforms, within a SaaS, public cloud, or a cloud framework vendor.
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams.
- Experience with designing microservices and REST APIs a plus
- Experience in Distributed storage systems (CEPH) a plus.
- Experience with stream processing platforms; Kafka a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker a plus.
- Bsc. Computer or Electrical Engineering, computer science also valid. MS/PhD always a plus!
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.