Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences every single day.
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology, including following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and integrations.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
Check out what our team’s all about:
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) at Medallia brings together the infrastructure and applications that power a highly reliable, agile, and efficient global SaaS platform. We are building a next generation global data center operating system that spans on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, leveraging some of the most exciting new open source technologies. We work closely with product and platform engineering to make the world’s best customer experiences even better.
Within SRE, Production Services delivers the services that meet Medallia’s customers’ needs every day. Success requires a desire to dig deep into of a wide range of technologies, and a relentless drive to make the customer experience better through investments in automation and infrastructure improvements. Business is booming, and the infrastructure that supports the Medallia platform needs to continuously scale to meet the demands of our explosive growth.
As an SRE, you may:
- Deploy and update applications within our data center and cloud fabric (compute, storage, network, etc.).
- Build monitoring automation and self-healing to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Be a part of an engineering team on-call rotation for escalations and provide technical support for engineering, professional services and sales.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in one or more of: development, deployment, or ongoing administration of at-scale SaaS platforms.
- 2+ years experience managing at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, containers, etc.).
- Demonstrable ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, python, ruby, Perl, bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 4 years equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2+ years general SaaS operational experience, providing the ability to explain and investigate issues related to the range of components used to create modern online services. Relevant components include but are not limited to operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, and virtualization/container technology.
- 2+ years experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of production infrastructure and application performance metrics, including resource management and capacity planning.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Aurora, Mesos, borg, marathon, tupperware, kubernetes, or Nomad.
- Familiarity with administration of relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player, with strong problem solving and communication skills.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.