Site Reliability Engineer, Production Engineering
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
Production Engineering at Medallia requires a desire to dig deep into of a wide range of technologies, and a relentless drive to make the customer experience better through investments in automation and infrastructure improvements. Business is booming, and the infrastructure that supports the Medallia platform needs to continuously scale to meet the demands of our explosive growth.
Production Engineering at Medallia brings together the infrastructure and applications that power a highly reliable, agile, and efficient global SaaS platform. We are building a next generation global data center operating system that spans on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, leveraging some of the most exciting new open source technologies. We work closely with product and platform engineering to make the world's best customer experiences even better. Production Engineering owns the reliability of key components of the applications and infrastructure stack at Medallia, and ensure that they continue to scale with our rapidly-growing business.
As a Production Engineer, you may:
- Deploy and update applications within our systems foundation (compute, storage, network, etc.).
- Build monitoring automation to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Be a part of an engineering team on-call rotation for escalations.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and following the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We develop strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system (mainly CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Perl, bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms
- Experienced with physical, virtual and cloud environments
- Deep experience in at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, data center, distributed systems, big data, cloud, etc.) and solid understanding of the rest and how they impact services.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure and application performance metrics, including capacity planning.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Aurora, Mesos, borg, marathon, tupperware, kubernetes.
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent citizen in order to pass government security clearance requirements, preferred
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top