Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
Production Engineering at Medallia requires a desire to dig deep into of a wide range of technologies, and a relentless drive to make the customer experience better through investments in automation and infrastructure improvements. Business is booming, and the infrastructure that supports the Medallia platform needs to continuously scale to meet the demands of our explosive growth.
Production Engineering at Medallia brings together the infrastructure and applications that power a highly reliable, agile, and efficient global SaaS platform. We are building a next generation global data center operating system that spans on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure, leveraging some of the most exciting new open source technologies. We work closely with product and platform engineering to make the world's best customer experiences even better. Production Engineering owns the reliability of key components of the applications and infrastructure stack at Medallia, and ensure that they continue to scale with our rapidly-growing business.
As a Production Engineer, you may:
- Deploy and update applications within our systems foundation (compute, storage, network, etc.)
- Build monitoring automation to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Be a part of an engineering team on-call rotation for escalations.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms.
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Experienced with physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Deep experience in at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, data center, distributed systems, big data, cloud, etc.) and solid understanding of the rest, and how they impact services.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure and application performance metrics, including capacity planning.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Mesos, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Marathon, Aurora.
- Familiarity with distributed storage and filesystems such as CEPH, HDFS, GFS, IPFS.
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly PostgreSQL.
- Proven ability to work independently, and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.