Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
Site Reliability Engineering at Medallia requires a desire to dig deep into a wide range of technologies, and a relentless drive to make the customer experience better through investments in automation and infrastructure improvements. Business is booming, and the infrastructure that supports the Medallia platform needs to continuously scale to meet the demands of our explosive growth.
Site Reliability Engineering at Medallia brings together the infrastructure and applications that power a highly reliable, agile, and efficient global SaaS platform. We are building a next-generation global data center operating system that spans cloud-based and on-premise infrastructure, leveraging some of the most exciting new open source technologies. We work closely with product and platform engineering to make the world's best customer experiences even better. SRE owns the reliability of key components of the applications and infrastructure stack at Medallia, and ensure that they continue to scale with our rapidly-growing business.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you may:
- Deploy and update applications within our systems foundation (compute, storage, network, etc.)
- Build monitoring automation and tooling to prove and maintain a world-class end-user experience.
- Debug and solve complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Work closely with product-engineering teams to eliminate technical debt.
- Be a part of the SRE team on-call rotation for escalations.
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining large scale SaaS platforms.
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Ability to code or script automation in at least one language (Java, Go, Python, Bash, etc.) on Linux-based platforms.
- Experienced with physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Deep experience in at least one infrastructure component (operating systems, compute, storage, networking, distributed systems, big data, cloud, etc.) and a solid understanding of the rest, and how they impact services.
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure and application performance metrics, including capacity planning.
- Familiarity with cluster management tools such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Aurora, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for applicants with any disability.