Senior UI Engineer, Accessibility Tech Lead
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Senior UI Engineer and Accessibility Technical Lead you will work with engineering and design teams across the company to ensure we deliver world-class, WCAG-compliant, accessible experiences. You will also build and evolve our design system in support of our product vision.
- Work closely with Product, Design and Engineering teams to design and implement complex user interfaces, visualizations, and features for the next generation CEM product.
- Create fast, easy to use UI components that can be implemented quickly and seamlessly to support our diverse clients.
- Directly contribute to our React.js UI library and evolve our design system through the development of UI components and documentation.
- Help define the technical requirements and drive the delivery of accessibility tooling solutions.
- Drive awareness of accessible coding standards for product development teams to make accessible design and engineering decisions that meet the latest standards.
- Support the communication of details on the accessibility of our products through formal documentation including VPATs.
Our Engineering Culture
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology — and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices.
- Experience designing, developing, and documenting a design system used within a large organization; or amongst a large, active community.
- Experience in organizing development practices (automated and manual) to ensure accessibility standards are met.
- Deep understanding of WCAG 2.x guidelines.
- Experience with assistive technologies such as screen readers, scanning interfaces or assistive listening devices.
- Solid communication and organization skills.
- 5+ years of experience building and launching accessible web experiences. Time building and launching consumer products a plus.
- Agile process experience, ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Experience training engineers in accessibility best practices.
- An eye for detail and care about the little things that make an experience great.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
Back to top