Senior Tax Manager
- Medallia is looking for a highly-driven Senior Tax Manager to create Medallia’s Tax team. This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and will be responsible for managing the Company’s tax operations including but not limited to the global tax provision, forecasting, filing, tax reporting, and compliance. The Senior Tax Manager will interface with upper management and various cross functional teams. This is the foundational internal tax hire and this position offers the opportunity to deliver experience and expertise, and build the tax function at Medallia.
- Prepare, review, and deliver the global tax provision.
- Lead and review, with external partners, all federal, foreign, and state tax returns; and manage audits and inquiries by governmental authorities.
- Be responsible for all aspects of transactional tax (sales tax, use tax, property tax, foreign goods and services tax, etc.) Leverage existing teams to ensure compliance and generate strategies in these areas.
- Fluent in accounting for purposes of tax provision preparation. Prepare position papers, liaise with outsourced tax professionals and tax and financial statement auditors on matters.
- Working closely with Medallia’s sales and legal teams, support customer deals with tax advice and strategies.
- Partner with Medallia’s corporate legal team regarding tax impact of structures and intercompany agreements and structures.
- In addition, support global stock administration activities, in partnership with legal and HR.
- Prepare roadmaps for global tax planning strategies, and to achieve greater automation and scale in our process.
- Design, improve, and execute SOX tax controls around both provision and transactional tax controls.
- Drive continuous improvements to the process and methodologies used in the tax department.
- 8-10 years of income tax experience.
- Big 4 experience.
- CPA and/or JD.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Creative thinking.
- Flexible mindset and willingness to embrace change.
- Detailed knowledge of income tax provision and accounting requirements under US GAAP (ASC 740 and related guidance).
- Experience with the technology industry and a robust network of peers and advisors in the technology industry.
- Unwavering integrity.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top