Senior Software Engineer (Python - full stack)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Promoter.io is a customer survey and engagement platform looking to add product features and scale capacity as efficiently as possible. More importantly, we are an engineering team focused on the values of continuous delivery and code-quality.
Code written on a Monday, if complete, would go out to production within the week. We leverage libraries as needed and build software that will last for years if required. We peer review our work and challenge ourselves to make better changes if we see it. We hold ourselves to a high standard to complete projects within deadlines. As a result, we allow ourselves almost complete autonomy to hone our craft of developing better software.
Here are some projects that you may work on:
- Building out direct integrations to various SaaS tools to push data into our platform to trigger surveys.
- Enhance a current integration to a machine learning API to further provide better insights to customers’ recorded replies.
- Upgrade 3rd party libraries to ensure our application stays up to date with the latest available features and security requirements.
- Provide help on support requests that come in. Some investigate why something weird happened within the application. Recently we investigated a performance bottleneck that required tuning queries to our database.
- Generate a release via our source control management tools and help to facilitate the deployment out to our infrastructure. Customers can see the value of features developed in real-time.
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities to add your input into our software.
Who are you?
- We are looking for candidates that are curious about the possibility to challenge their current skills, kind to help others, and excited to learn new processes. We believe in a team that works through trust and works to encourage that value through high autonomy. We believe that mistakes are ok as long as we learn from them.
- We’re looking for a senior engineer. We expect you to help grow the skills of the current team through technical guidance and mentorship. We’d love you to show us how we can improve what we do and grow together.
- You’ll probably have at least five year’s experience working in the industry. However, we are very interested to know more about what you’ve been doing. All projects carry so many learned lessons. Therefore, love to hear about what you’ve worked on, how it was built, why it was a success, or even why it was a failure!
- You should be comfortable working with remote employees, which means using video calls and frequent written communication.
- Technical: database architecting
- Data: Elasticsearch
- Deployment and Testing: TDD, Code Reviews, Ansible
- AWS and server Infrastructure: (Aurora, Nginx, Gunicorn)
- Tools: Python IDE usage
- Misc: Open Source Github (or equivalent) contributions
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
Back to top