Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback…and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data Pipeline team at Medallia you will be joining a team of brilliant engineers responsible for building Medallia’s next generation data integration platform.
You will play an integral part in defining the strategy for the data integration roadmap, design a system that can operate at scale, manage and evolve existing software systems and most importantly work on a fast growing avenue of feedback collection and analysis that our customers care about a lot.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Build new systems that collect and manage feedback data from external sources such as CRM, HCM, CX Platforms.
- Engineer a distributed processing engine that will power Medallia Data Infrastructure
- Build a reactive platform that can monitor feedback data to call out external systems to close the loop.
- Roll up your sleeves and manage the day to day operations of the infrastructure while making sure that the software is continuously becoming more robust, efficient and scalable.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end systems
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java / C++ (Object oriented languages)
- Knowledge and experience working on cloud-based software
- Knowledge of queuing technologies such as Kafka, MQ
- Knowledge of distributed compute technologies such as Spark/Storm
- Knowledge of NoSQL Data Stores such as Cassandra,HBase
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications
- Strong communication skills
- BS-CS or equivalent qualitative degree (MS preferred)
Learn more about engineering at Medallia via http://engineering.medallia.com
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top