Senior Payroll Accountant
- Process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll for exempt, non-exempt U.S. employees
- Prepare off-cycle payments as needed for terminations or other special payments
- Partner with the People & Culture team with the coordination of personnel related changes that impact payroll
- Set up new earnings and deduction codes, new hire information, and any employee related changes
- Utilize your accounting knowledge ― prepare payroll journal entries and perform account reconciliations. Maintain payroll files, prepare and reconcile 401(k) contributions, FSA and Commuter checks, garnishments and other deductions.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local payroll regulations and payroll policies and procedures.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)Review and audit periodic and quarterly payroll files related to wages/taxes and benefits.
- Demonstrate strong customer service in supporting Medallians regarding payroll questions or concerns.
- Assist the Payroll Manager and the Director of Stock Administration with any ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 5+ years of direct, relevant multi-state payroll experience
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices, knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel (Vlookups and pivot tables)
- Experience working with major payroll systems, and can learn new systems quickly
- Paylocity and Workday HRIS experience preferred. High degree of integrity and professionalism, embodying a strong work ethic and team player.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential materials.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- General understanding and experience posting stock option transactions (ISO, NQ).
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top