Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
- The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting will report to the U.S. Controller and serve as a key decision maker at Medallia in creating a world-class accounting organization. We are looking for a leader who will help drive not only the Accounting organization, but the broader company and someone who encompasses a strong consultative and business-centric approach. Here’s what you’ll accomplish with us:
- Lead – Become a trusted advisor, mentor, and manager of some of our rockstar teammates.
- Use your keen eye for detail – Review account reconciliations and journal entries; help prepare and review balance sheet and income statement analytics, and develop & refine quarterly reporting packages.
- Practice your prioritization skills – Oversee day-to-day activities of accounting including general ledger, fixed assets, inter-company & consolidations, accounts payable, expense reimbursements, deferred commissions, and internal / external reporting. In addition, help with coordination of statutory reporting, transactional tax and income tax provision.
- Demonstrate your technical expertise – Ensure all financial data is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Maintain internal financial controls and procedures; ensure proper documentation and support for SOX compliance. Serve as a key point of contact for technical accounting research and analysis.
- See processes through from end-to-end – Optimize the global financial reporting cycle, from shortening the close cycle to reporting financial statements; ensure all required financial data is properly captured, reconciled, documented, and disclosed.
- Create and improve – Own and initiate public company readiness initiatives, both process and system related. Establish and implement company‐wide accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Facilitate and foster relationships – Act as the primary liaison with auditors for quarterly reviews, annual audits, and SOX audits. Partner with FP&A with forecasting and budgeting process.
- Minimum of 8+ years of accounting experience in fast‐paced technology industry with exposure to broad accounting related and functional responsibilities
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Big 4 public accounting firm
- CPA and strong working knowledge of US GAAP and pronouncements
- Demonstrated ability to implement and lead the use of information technology. NetSuite experience is preferred
- Unwavering integrity
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and verbally
- Team focused approach to multicultural work environment
- Detail oriented and hands‐on
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top