Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day. Why? Because we firmly believe that no one should ever feel like they’re at the DMV, except when they’re at the DMV.
Oh, and our culture? See for yourself:
About The Role:
Medallia is looking to add a FP&A Manager to its finance team. This role is a key finance position with an opportunity to build and provide critical financial support to the G&A business teams across the globe. You will gain invaluable experience as a finance business partner with significant responsibility and interaction with senior leaders and have a large impact within a fast-growing finance organization. Responsibilities include: manage department P&Ls, provide decision-making support, and driving monthly/quarterly forecasting, budgeting, and analysis. The position requires strong financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, and good business acumen. It also requires the ability to understand the big picture of the Company’s financial model, while being very detail oriented. The position will report into the Director of FP&A and is located in our Palo Alto, CA.
- Assist in the consolidated forecasting process and own portions of the financial forecast models, including P&L, cash flow, and supporting schedules/ analyses. Ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate progress toward achievement of financial and operating objectives (Budget versus Actuals analysis); oversee monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) reviews; identify trends driving positive and negative variances to plan.
- Support G&A business partners and their key decisions through ad-hoc analysis and special projects (e.g. capital purchases, global expansion, and infrastructure investment).
- Create and maintain tools and reports in Adaptive Planning used to measure and track results against expectations. Leverage the usage of Adaptive to its fullest potential and drive scalable reporting solutions.
- Support finance team in “as-required’ quarterly close procedures/ BOD presentations/ other high priority work.
- Be an integral member of various projects to improve internal processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related field required.
- 4 or more years of FP&A experience. SaaS or technology experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models, (in excel and other planning applications).
- Extremely well organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple projects/ stake holders.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners/ department heads/ finance coworkers as a trusted and objective advisor.
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exposure to Adaptive Planning, Netsuite, and SalesForce, a plus.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top