Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
We are seeking a tenured senior manager capable of not simply operating, but thriving in this type of environment— providing context, removing roadblocks, developing people and guiding them to success. Your team will be positively impacting the lives of millions of people everyday! You’re pushing technology to its limits.
Authors big dreams and executes fearlessly
Committed to becoming the best version of ourselves by challenging one another
Ensures every action improves customers’ experience
You’re in standup circles listening to blockers from the team in one moment and sitting in a product strategy with the company's senior leadership the next.
You constantly scour LinkedIn, Hired, and every possible candidate sourcing tool to find great talent, and can recite an elevator pitch about why someone should join your team...in your sleep.
You appreciate the need of the right amount of process.
You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different development methodologies, tools, and process until you find what works for your team and your company overall.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will specialize in leading and motivating a team of software engineers focus on our Data Pipeline Team through a journey of cross functional dependencies and project priorities as well as professional and technical development. Most importantly, you will be an innovative force that drives the team to always learn and grow all while delivering an exceptional product to our clients.
- Be responsible for the next generation data processing platform at Medallia.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across engineering and the rest of the company to effectively align against goals, roadmap, and commitments.
- Design and drive the execution plan for successfully delivering high quality output on time.
- Work hand in hand with Architects/Engineers in defining the architecture.
- Build a high performing team. Hire the very best and provide opportunities for team members to grow and prosper.
- Define code life cycle pipeline, both internal and also for customer extensions/apps on top of Medallia.
- Measure project progress using KPI(s) and Metrics and communicate plans and updates on a frequent basis.
- 3+ Years of People Management
- 4+ years of developer/architect level experience with distributed systems using Kafka/Spark/Storm/Cassandra
- 3+ years of developer/architect level experience building highly scalable APIs and integrations
- Must have agile process experience, ability to lead small to mid size teams and collaborate with distributed teams
- Bring an ownership mindset with quality orientation and DevOps experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.