Senior Design Engineer
- Be a hands-on, confident, and creative design master with a proven track record in setting a vision for great user experiences and inspiring others to endorse and contribute to that vision.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile product teams - ability to collaborate closely with Product Managers, developers, and designers.
- Be a core contributor to design guidelines, a high-level set of interaction design concepts, patterns and components that underpin Medallia’s platform.
- Be fluent in the language of design systems, pattern libraries, and other ways to create designs that scale
- Take high or low-fidelity designs, reduce them from features into reusable design components and patterns, and flesh out their different states and variations
- Build tools and resources for our design team for maintaining UX consistency across features and platforms
- Extend our component library and enable our engineering teams to build quickly with components that “just work”
- Write excellent documentation for how to use and extend the code you write
- Innovate new methods and technologies that enhance our front-end practices and output
- In addition to being an empathetic, creative, and a systems thinker, here are some of the qualities we’re searching for:
- 5+ years working in a design or engineering team
- 3+ years experience as a designer working in code or as a hybrid designer/engineer
- Deep knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Illustrator, and InVision
- Proven collaborator, builder, and motivator for cross-functional teams
- Passionate about the intersection of design and code, and for finding efficiencies and economies of scale in that space
- Solid understanding of web accessibility
- Self-aware, constantly working to understand and overcome blind spots.
- Tactically, you are just as energized while developing design strategy as you are polishing design details
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top