Security Software Engineer
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The ideal candidate will be highly creative, self-motivated, and excel in a diversified fast-paced environment.
This role is directly responsible for designing and implementing one of the most important features in Medallia and this comes with significant responsibility. You will design and develop some of the core security features and help architect the security capabilities using modern design approaches including backend RESTful services to provide access to the resources build tracking, monitoring and report systems for the resources. Your challenge is to work in a very dynamic environment through collaboration, design reviews with Architects etc. The candidate must possess strong communications and interpersonal skills, as your work frequently involves other technical and business organizations as our representative. Candidate must be able to learn on the job security concepts and adapt to shifting priorities at times.
Our Engineering Culture: We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base. We love technology and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn. We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings. We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices.
Our Engineering Culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe and are not afraid to challenge our team members and peers on enforcing good habits and best practices.
More Specifically, you will:
- Responsible for designing and implementing some of the core security features in Medallia and help architect the security capabilities using modern design approaches.
- Shipping great software that is highly performant, scalable and robust.
- Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those.
- Work in small teams with like-minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes.
- Partner closely with dependent teams across engineering to ensure collaboration and uninterrupted service.
- 5-10 years of experience in Java.
- Experience building distributed systems/enterprise systems on a modern stack.
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals and agile process experience with an ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, Web browsers. Knowledge of Linux internals/Experience developing system services for Linux.
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience developing and diagnosing for security, performance, and scalability.
- Experience Cryptography and key management.
- Experience in developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID.
- Understanding and experience working with TLS, OpenSSL.
- Fluent user/sysadmin of the Linux operating system, Docker, VMs, AWS.
- Experience in developing with JAX-RS, JDBC, Servlets, any ORM technology, MVC, JNDI.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Back to top