Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day. Why? Because we firmly believe that no one should ever feel like they’re at the DMV, except when they’re at the DMV.
Oh, and our culture? See for yourself:
About the role:
Medallia is looking for a skilled Revenue Manager to join its growing revenue accounting team. It’ll be your job to oversee the revenue accounting team and own the revenue close process, revenue scheduling, and any related reconciliations. This position reports directly to the Director of Revenue Operations, and we’re looking for folks that want to scale controls, improve processes, and leave a legacy in taking Medallia’s accounting function to the next level. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are ready for the adventure that is Medallia’s growth trajectory, then keep on reading!
Exceptional Revenue Manager candidates are excited to build; you’ll manage the Revenue close process, oversee the revenue accounting data, and will be the domain expert when working across the rest of the business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing, training, and developing current and future Revenue team members
- Reviewing journal entries and Reconciliations for Revenue as well as various deferral and reserve entries.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP standards, SOX controls and documentation.
- Serving as the "go to" point of contact for the SOX team and the External Auditors.
- Preparing Balance Sheet Flux analysis for deferred revenue accounts and accounts receivable.
- Front Line interaction with various business partners including Rev Rec, FP&A, and Operations
- Preparing revenue and deferred revenue schedules and perform related reconciliations
- Working closely with Sales Operations to streamline the processes and improve efficiency
- Supporting the system implementation related to revenue processes
- Managing and prepare schedules to support monthly reviews, quarterly audit , 10Q and 10K reporting process
- Responsible for Revenue & AR close
- Driving special projects through to completion
- 6-10 years of revenue recognition experience, preferably with Big 4 Public Accounting and corporate experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (plus CPA preferred)
- Knowledge of revenue recognition US GAAP (ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25)
- Experience with revenue recognition standards in accordance with SAB 104 and EITF 00-21 is required (EITF 08-1 is a plus)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required to communicate technical accounting requirements to non-technical audience
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong financial systems background, Software as a Service (SaaS) and NetSuite experience is a plus
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top