Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
Medallia is looking for a motivated and highly skilled Revenue Manager to join its growing Accounting team. We are looking for individuals that are passionate with implementing controls, improving processes, and leaving a legacy while taking Medallia’s accounting function to the next level. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are ready for a challenge, the opportunity is here at Medallia!
In this capacity, you will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. You will focus on reviewing and recording complex customer contracts (focusing on multiple element and SaaS accounting). As an ideal candidate, you possess experience with complex revenue transactions, can think strategically on a process level, and are also comfortably getting into the details.
- Review all contracts and ensure revenue recognition is in accordance with company policy and SaaS revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Prepare contract summaries for material completed deals
- Maintain and reconcile company’s revenue sub-ledger
- Prepare revenue journal entries, monthly reconciliations, monthly flux analysis, and schedules for management reporting
- Serve as one of the main point of contacts for sales, FP&A, business operations, deal desk, legal, and order management for technical revenue recognition inquiries
- Assist with financial audits and communicate with external auditorsIdentify and implement process improvements Assist with SOX controls testing and documentation
- Be an active contributor with the new revenue standard ASC 606 adoption
- Support the revenue system automation project
- Driving special projects through completion
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 6+ years of combined public and private industry SaaS/Software revenue recognition experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP revenue recognition literature (ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASC 606)
- Experience with a Big 4 Public Accounting Firm a plus
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Detailed-oriented with exceptional analytical skillsAbility to problem solve, multitask, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Working proficiency of NetSuite (preferred)
- Impeccable degree of integrity
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.