Research Scientist - Machine Learning, AI & NLP
- Prague, Czech Republic
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Data Science at Medallia brings together researchers, engineers and designers, to build adaptive, collaborative technologies that are focused on enabling action at all levels of an organization. We drive both platform and product development, so that our customers can interact with their customers in satisfying and emotionally connected ways, regardless of scale.
- As a Research Scientist on the Data Science team, you will lead cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications, in the areas of natural language understanding/generation, action recommendation and representation learning.
- Partner with engineering, design and product teams to deliver solutions to orchestrating, understanding and improving customer experiences in real time.
- You will be joining a team of brilliant engineers responsible for building Medallia’s next generation Customer Experience Cloud platform using micro service oriented architecture.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Highly proficient with one or more general purpose programming languages, e.g. Java, C/C++ or Python, and detailed working knowledge of the packages and frameworks associated with data wrangling, analysis, and machine learning.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including software development experience, or 2 year of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Strong communication skills, especially in describing technical methods to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical discipline.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, and/or recommendation/ranking systems; Representation learning for unstructured data types (images, text) or multiple data sources, e.g. EMR/EHR.
- Knowledge and experience working on microservices based SaaS applications.
- Experience with highly performant, available, and scalable enterprise-grade applications.
- Extensive Experience with agile software development process.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Back to top